Like most website operators, Here East collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. Here East’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Here East’s visitors use its website. From time to time, Here East may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Here East also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. Here East does not use such information to identify its visitors, however, and does not disclose such information, other than under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information, as described below.
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Here East’s websites choose to interact with Here East in ways that require Here East to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Here East gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors to provide their phone number, email address and company name when requesting a call back from one of our lettings agents.
In each case, Here East collects such information only insofar as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of the visitor’s interaction with Here East. Here East does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below. And visitors can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent them from engaging in certain website-related activities.
Here East may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors to its websites. For instance, Here East may reveal how many people have clicked a petition link or visited a particular page. However, Here East does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Here East discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors, and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Here East’s behalf or to provide services available at Here East’s websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Here East’s websites, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Here East will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone.
Other than to its employees, contractors, and affiliated organizations, as described above, Here East discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only when required to do so by law, or when Here East believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Here East, third parties, or the public at large.
If you are a registered user of a Here East website and have supplied your email address, Here East may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Here East and the campaign. We primarily use our blog to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum.
If you send us a request (for example via Twitter or our Media contact details), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Here East takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration, or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
Free Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
- The prize draw (the "Prize Draw") is open to people over 18 or under 18 if you have the consent of a parent or guardian.
- Employees or agencies of Here East, participating Canalside retailers, its group companies or their family members, or anyone else connected with the Prize Draw may not enter the Prize Draw.
- Entrants into the Prize Draw shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
- To enter the Prize Draw you must collect five stamps on a Here comes Canalside loyalty card from any of the Canalside retailers operating at East Bay Lane, Here East, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London, E15 2GW and deliver the completed loyalty card to the Here East reception at The Press Centre, Here East, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London, E15 2GW. No purchase is necessary.
- Only one entry per person. Entries on behalf of another person will not be accepted and joint submissions are not allowed.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost, delayed, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered or entered for any technical or other reason. Proof of delivery of the entry is not proof of receipt by 21/08/2016.
- The closing date of the Prize Draw is 21/08/2016. Entries received outside this time period will not be considered.
- One winner will be chosen from a random draw of entries received in accordance with these Terms and Conditions. The draw will be performed by a random computer process. The draw will take place on 21/08/2016.
- The main winner will receive a Lekker Amsterdam single speed Gold from The Bicycle Man. Further prizes of £50 vouchers, provided by the following retailers The Breakfast Club, Randys Wing, Gotto, Shane’s on Canalside and Mason & Co. will be awarded to 5 runners up.
- Here East accepts no responsibility for any costs associated with the prize and not specifically included in the prize.
- The winners and runners up will be notified by email on or before 22/08/2016 and must provide an email address to claim their prize. If a winner or runner up does not respond to Here East within 14 days of being notified by Here East, then the winner's prize (or runner’s up prize as applicable will be forfeited and Here East shall be entitled to select another winner (or runner up) in accordance with the process described above (and that winner (or runner up) will have to respond to notification of their win within 14 days or else they will also forfeit their prize). If a winner rejects their prize or the entry is invalid or in breach of these Terms and Conditions, the winner's (or runner’s up) prize will be forfeited and Here East shall be entitled to select another winner (or runner up).
- The 1st prize will need to be collected by the winner, with runners up prizes sent by Here East by post.
- The name of the winner and runners up can be obtained after 10/09/2016 by sending a stamped addressed envelope to the following address: Canalside Prize Draw, Here East, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London E20 3BS
- The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable, and is not redeemable for cash or other prizes.
- Here East retains the right to substitute the prize with another prize of similar value in the event the original prize offered is not available.
- The winner and runners up may be required to take part in promotional activity related to the Prize Draw and the winner and runners up shall participate in such activity on Here East's reasonable request. The winner consents to the use by Here East and its related companies [and the Canalside Retailers], both before and after the closing date of the Prize Draw for an unlimited time, of the winner's and runner ups’ voice, image, photograph and name for publicity purposes (in any medium, including still photographs and films, and on the internet, including any websites hosted by Here East and its related companies) and in advertising, marketing or promotional material without additional compensation or prior notice and, in entering the Prize Draw, all entrants consent to the same.
- Here East accepts no responsibility for any damage, loss, liabilities, injury or disappointment incurred or suffered by you as a result of entering the Prize Draw or accepting the prize. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions shall exclude the liability of Here East for death, personal injury, fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation as a result of its negligence.
- Here East reserves the right at any time and from time to time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this Prize Draw with or without prior notice due to reasons outside its control (including, without limitation, in the case of anticipated, suspected or actual fraud). The decision of Here East in all matters under its control is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Here East shall not be liable for any failure to comply with its obligations where the failure is caused by something outside its reasonable control. Such circumstances shall include, but not be limited to, weather conditions, fire, flood, hurricane, strike, industrial dispute, war, hostilities, political unrest, riots, civil commotion, inevitable accidents, supervening legislation or any other circumstances amounting to force majeure.
- The Prize Draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the Prize Draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Promoter: Here East, Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, London, E20 3BS.