Industry Insights the #Gaming edition
Here East and the Good Growth Hub brings you Industry Insights the #Gaming edition in collaboration with Into Games and Game Anglia
Industry Insights the #Gaming edition has been specially curated for young people who want to kickstart a career in the games industry. The 5-week programme provides the key steps you need to take to gain an entry-level position within the gaming industry. Apply for the programme by 3 October.
Here East and the Good Growth Hub recognise many young people in East London are talented and passionate but face barriers to access roles and opportunities. Industry Insights exists to equip you with the tools and confidence to apply for opportunities while working with a growing number of organisations that want to harness local talent and ensure their workforce is dynamic and diverse.
Through a short intensive programme, you will meet and learn from the professionals, gain experience and new skills. You will build a robust portfolio and CV to position yourself as a candidate for entry level Producer, QA and Marketing positions, with the opportunity to secure a work placement at a business at the end of the programme.
- You will have the opportunity to secure a work placement in the gaming industry via Into Games KickStart scheme (A 6-month role paid at a minimum of London Living Wage)
- You will have an opportunity to apply for Here East scholarship (fully-funded undergraduate tuition and supporting loan supplement to local students from East London to study at Staffordshire University London or LMA).
- Completion of the full course will enhance your university application for a gamin-related course at Staffordshire University London
- You will have access to the Into Games and Game Anglia Discord servers, providing access to hundreds of game developers at various stages of their careers.
- Opportunity to access 1-1 support from experienced Learning Support Assistants both during and between sessions.
This course will support you on your journey to become more confident in your skills and abilities, identify areas for improvement, and begin to work on them. By the end of the programme, you will be well-positioned to apply for an industry-relevant KickStart role or potentially a scholarship or a place on a course at Staffordshire University London - where you can accelerate your professional journey and add your experiences and talents to a professional environment.
The course will include the following sessions and themes:
- Selling Yourself: Building a CV, Cover Letter, Letter of Application
- Building a portfolio
- Studio Visit / Industry Panel
- Producer Training
- QA Testing Training
- Marketing Training
- Mental Health workshops
- Team management
- Self management
To get involved you must be aged 18-24 based in East London (Hackney, Newham, Tower Hamlets, Waltham Forest), receiving Universal Credit and are currently unemployed or in education.
If you are interested and would like to apply to take part, please Apply Here by 3 October.
Also in the areaPlaces to eat & drink
Want to run your own event?
For further information or to discuss your proposed event and the suitability of any of our spaces, please get in touch.
Get in touch with us and we can answer any questions you have on running an event at Here East.
If you’d like to find out more about events at Here East, get in touch.
If you don’t hear from a member of the team right away, not to worry, we’ll get back to you within 72 hours.