1 month, 2 weeks ago
Sports Interactive launch Apprenticeship Scheme at Here East
Games developer behind Football Manager launch 2 year FTC Apprenticeship Scheme for local young people aged 18-21
Sports Interactive, part of SEGA, have announced the launch of a 2 year FTC studio Apprenticeship Scheme for local young people to join their team based at Here East. The games developer aims to create an effective entry point to both the studio and the games industry in general for talented local people aged between 18 and 21. This provides a career route opportunity for those who may not have otherwise go on to full-time further education.
The studio recognises the value add for the business, bringing in talented young people while also fostering the growth of leadership skills within the existing team. They envisage the apprenticeships leading to full-time opportunities within the studio and the wider games business. The scheme is designed to determine which sector of the business is most-suited to each individual and introduce the knowledge, skills and experiences that will make a future role more successful too.
Initially attracted to join Here East by the potential to create positive local impact, the Sports Interactive Apprenticeship Scheme gives the business an opportunity to make a tangible contribution to the area and build on the post-Olympic legacy. The studio is keen for the first apprentices to feedback into the programme to make it more effective for future candidates as the programme develops.
The team world's leading developer of football management simulations hopes the scheme will provide them with a young person's viewpoint of the football experience that will inform the final product and communications. The pioneers of the programme will also show local young people that aspiring to work in games is possible and help them to be prepared for that choice in future.
Young people aged between 18 and 21 can apply by submitting a CV, Personal Statement and (optional) up to 2 minute video introduction to SIAPPRENTICESHIPS@SIGAMES.COM by 20 September 2020.
The studio apprenticeship scheme role will be full time 37.5 hours per week, with 25 days holiday per year (in addition to Bank Holidays). The 2 year apprenticeship will consist of 3 different department placements of 8 months. The departments are:
- Communications (including Social Media, PR and Brand Management)
- Quality Assurance
- Customer Management or Business Analytics
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- English & Maths GCSE’s A*-C (or equivalent qualifications)
- Good communication skills – confidence in speaking, writing and presenting with others
- Good attention to detail and a sense of pride in a job done well
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to consistently work to key deadlines
- A firm understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- Experience of taking responsibility
- Experience of being a good team player
- Ability to prioritise workload and find solutions to improve efficiencies
- Experience with full Microsoft Office software package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with Football Manager is helpful but not a requirement if you have other excellent experience/attributes
- Passion for computer games highly advantageous
IF you have an interest in IT, coding or maths please highlight this on your application
Matt Carroll, COO at Sports Interactive
We think this can bring a lot to the studio; not only will it bring talented new people to the group, it will also help to build leadership skills within our existing team