The Edtech Podcast is excited to launch its inaugural festival in 2018. The mission of the one-day festival will be to bring together ‘ed’ and ‘tech’ for better innovation. The Edtech Podcast Festival aims to bring together everyone involved in education innovation. Educators from early years to higher education and everything in between, start-ups, bluechips, publishers, investors, and media. We’ll work hard to mix you up and make your experience as hands on as possible.
Some of the features announced include:
- A LIVE podcast programme featuring a community of edu podcasters including TeacherToolkit, DebateMate & Six Formers from School 21 showcasing their real world learning podcast project
- A pop-up book shop run by the Wellcome Collection and featuring book signings and chats from authors including Global Teacher Prize Nominees, and learning design specialists
- A series of educator workshops run by past @podcastedtech guests including everything from top tips for saving teacher time and supporting your school improvement plan, to oracy, flipped classroom and the latest guidance on using digital technologies in the classroom
- A series of edtech workshops including everything from a clinic to assess how efficacious your product is, what legal problems you should worry about, how to get your service out there, and how to co-create with teachers and put learner centred design at the heart of what you do
- A Makers Yard including hands on learning experiences including coding, making 3D printing, and design thinking. Come here to get involved with the Imperial College pop up maker space
- A high street of innovation featuring new takes on solving real problems in teaching and learning, from early years to higher education and beyond into the world of work
- A series of meet ups to increase your personal learning network, including intros to communities across Government, International Edtech, Teacher CPD and park partners
- Lunchtime mindfulness walks and networking for educators and entrepreneurs around the beautiful Queen Elizabeth Oiympic Park, our host venue
- A final festival party to end the day
This festival is for everyone involved in teaching and learning.
Also in the areaPlaces to eat & drink
This event is in the Press Centre
Want to run your own event?
For further information or to discuss your proposed event and the suitability of any of our spaces, please get in touch.
Get in touch with us and we can answer any questions you have on running an event at Here East.
If you’d like to find out more about events at Here East, get in touch.
If you don’t hear from a member of the team right away, not to worry, we’ll get back to you within 72 hours.