Student Residential Accommodation in Global Cities: Improving student experience and engagement.
Starting university is a pivotal moment in the lives of young people. Moving into a new home in an unfamiliar city or country, surrounded by new people, is often their first taste of independence. But what effect does student accommodation have on the student experience and their engagement with their studies? How can accommodation providers create a welcoming environment to attract residents year after year?
In a pioneering academic study into student accommodation in global cities, UCL’s Global Centre for Learning Environments in the Bartlett Real Estate Institute, has identified best practice in ensuring a positive student experience and engagement within student residential accommodation (SRA), and key aspects of the role of SRA providers and operators in achieving that end. Student Living by Sodexo sponsored the research.
Now, Student Living by Sodexo and UCL's Global Centre for Learning Environments warmly invite you to a symposium to hear more about the research, and have a chance to discuss this topic with fellow industry thought leaders. A networking reception and optional tour of UCL's innovative space at Here East will follow.
Speakers and panelists include:
- Professor Alexi Marmot, Director, UCL Global Centre for Learning Environments
- Tracey Smith, Managing Director, Student Living by Sodexo
- Prof Yolande Barnes, Chair, and Prof Andrew Edkins, Head, Bartlett Real Estate Institute
- Tom Martin, Residency Living Manager , Student Living by Sodexo
- Dr Zachery Spire, Head of Research and Training, The Class of 2020
- Nicola Cartwright, Head of Accommodation Services, Northumbria University
- Duncan Palmer, Head of Accommodation Services, UCL
IMAGE: 365 STUDENT HOUSING TIETGENKOLLEGIET, COPENHAGEN. ARCHITECT: LUNDGAARD & TRANBERG. ©ALEXI MARMOT 2018
Also in the areaPlaces to eat & drink
Want to run your own event?
For further information or to discuss your proposed event and the suitability of any of our spaces, please get in touch.
Get in touch with us and we can answer any questions you have on running an event at Here East.
If you’d like to find out more about events at Here East, speak to Sophie Skewes.
If you don’t hear from a member of the team right away, not to worry, we’ll get back to you within 72 hours.